– Improve your home’s value by painting the rooms in your house. It is cost efficient and a great DIY project for the whole family. Fresh paint helps your home look fresh and updated. Remember, neutral colors are typically more appealing.
Make your home energy efficient
– An energy efficient home is desirable to potential buyers. Improving your home’s energy efficiency also helps you save money. It also helps make your home more comfortable for you and your family no matter what the weather is like outside.
Plant a Tree
– It might take a while to reach maturity but once fully grown a tree can help cut down your cooling costs in the summer. When planted in the right place, a tree can also add to your home’s curb appeal.
Improve air quality
– Quality air in your home is great for your family’s health. You should update old carpets and other items that may be home to allergens and air contaminants. Not sure of your home’s air quality? Hire an inspector to test your home’s air quality and give you tips on how to improve it. Proper ventilation is also important for improving air quality.
Landscape your yard
– Adding shrubs and plants can improve your home’s curb appeal significantly. Green plants that require very little water and maintenance add more value. Keeping bushes trimmed and filing in patchy lawns are a good way to give your home a maintained look.
Clean or replace siding
– If you’re siding is looking old and dingy it’s time to clean them up. If your siding is broken or dented it might be time to replace. Give your home an updated look by cleaning or replacing your siding.
Update kitchen appliances
– Updated kitchen appliances add value to your home in the long run. Simple things like swapping out old microwaves and fridge for newer more efficient ones add big value to a home.
– Your home’s entrance plays a big role in its curb appeal. It is one of the first things visitors see which is more the reason to give it a makeover. Update your front door to compliment your home’s exterior colors and architecture. Invest in an energy efficient front door to help with your energy savings.
– Replacing windows in your home increases your home’s comfort and value. Getting rid of old windows will help reduce drafts in your house. It certainly contributes to your home’s curb appeal.
– Simple to complete overhaul bathroom remodeling is a great investment for your home’s value. A refreshed look in the bathroom adds to the overall feel of your home. Simple things like updating wallpaper and old lighting fixtures can help brighten up your bathroom.